Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Halfway there!

Well, I'm 20 weeks this week, so I've reached the halfway point! Babycenter.com says the baby should weigh around 10 1/2 ounces this week, but according to the ultrasound tech last week, she weighed around 11 ounces the day of the ultrasound. She's obviously precocious :)

The kicks are getting stronger and stronger. There have been a couple of times now that I've been able to feel things from the outside, but when Jimmy comes over and puts his hand on my tummy, Baby stops kicking every time! Little stinker. So Daddy still hasn't felt anything yet. Hopefully it will happen soon, though!

Anna told me tonight that my tummy is getting bigger, and she has been very affectionate towards the baby over the last couple of weeks. She loves to hug and kiss my tummy, and last night at bedtime she put her face next to it and said, "Goodnight Baby! I love you!"

Still no decision on names. This is amazingly difficult the second time around. Anna's name was picked out long before we even considered having children, but I'm starting to think this poor kid's birth certificate is going to read "Baby Girl J". I did once hear of someone who named her baby girl Female (pronounced like the word "tamale"). And then there are the famous twins Lemonjello (lem-ON-jel-oh) and Orangejello (or-ON-jel-oh). At least I can guarantee that our child will not share a similar fate!

If I can't come up with a name, I figure I can at least start decorating the nursery. I'm hoping to find bedding in the next week or so, so that I can decide on paint colors and get to work on the room. I didn't paint Anna's room until late June of the year she was born (we didn't move to Houston until mid May, so I didn't even have a room to paint before that!). That wouldn't have been bad, except that they tell you to keep a window open for ventilation, and it was HOT! And it took THREE coats of yellow paint to cover up the awful mint green stuff that was in her room when we moved in. I think April will be a much more comfortable month, so hopefully I'll get the painting part done before it gets too awful! Unfortunately the room is currently dark blue and bright green, so I anticipate it taking several coats of whatever color I end up using to cover that, too.

No comments: