Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A name, and a Big Sister brag!

It appears that Jimmy has given in to the inevitableness of the name Caroline for our new baby! Anna and I are overjoyed because we've both liked that name from the beginning. It probably helped our cause quite a bit that everyone who has heard the potential name has started calling the baby Caroline whenever they see me! So unless we hear something in the next four months that changes our mind, the baby will be Caroline Elise. I think it's a nice, classic name, but hopefully not so trendy that there will be 16 other Carolines in her kindergarten class.

Yesterday, we took Anna to her first baseball game: Astros vs. Marlins. We had lots of fun and left at the top of the 8th with the score tied 3-3. When we got home, we found out the Astros won 4-3! Anyway, on the way there, Anna said (completely out of the blue), "Mommy, I know how to spell Caroline! C-A-R-L...no...C-A-R-O-L-I-N-E!" To my knowledge, she's never seen it written down, so she figured it out all by herself! But what's even more amazing is what she said this morning in the car. "Mommy, I know how to spell Caroline backwards: E-N-I-L-O-R-A-C!" She spelled it without even hesitating. I don't know if I could do that NOW, much less when I was 5 1/2! I think we have a future spelling bee champ on our hands!

No comments: