Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am a circus freak side show

Well, not really. But tonight I was getting my hair done, and Caroline decided to do her Alien impression. My friend, Gayla, caught part of it on video because she had her digital camera with her. My tummy was doing absolutely crazy things, and it drew the attention of every woman in the salon. We all sat and watched for a couple of minutes until Caroline decided to settle down a bit. It was quite the conversation starter, let me tell you!

Other than that, there's not much to report this week. I don't have a doctor's appointment because I couldn't get in to see anyone this week since Karen and Dr. Reed are out all week. I did call yesterday and make an appointment for the day Karen gets back because I was paranoid that it would be hard to get in after she'd been on vacation for two weeks. I wasn't about to risk losing my 39-week appointment!

Oh, one other notable thing. Today, I broke down and bought a pair of Crocs. Well, not REAL Crocs because I refuse to pay $30+ for ugly shoes. These are $10 Target knock-off Crocs. My color choices were powder blue and Pepto pink, so I am now the (not so) proud owner of a pair of EXTREMELY pink plastic garden clogs. I had to get them because my feet have turned into ginormous sausages, and none of my shoes fit anymore. At this point, I've ceased worrying about whether I ever get my figure back after the baby is born. I just want my feet back!

Just for grins, I'm posting a picture of my friend, Michelle, and me at our last sorority meeting about two weeks ago. Michelle's baby is due a week before mine, but it looks like she'll be induced next week if her breech baby doesn't turn on its own by Monday. We live close to each other, so we plan to diet/exercise together after the babies are born. I'm so excited to have a close friend to share this experience with this time!

No comments: