Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peaches at last! Plus 1300 diapers!

We are so very blessed to have such a wonderful church family.

This morning, I got a call from a friend at church who said, "I was visiting my parents over the weekend, and I was at a farmer's market where they had peaches, so I thought of you. I got you some, and I'll bring them to you tonight!" And she did. These are the juiciest, sweetest peaches I can ever recall eating, and I'm FINALLY satisfying the craving I've had for THREE MONTHS! I'm eating them with a spoon right now, and I swear, they taste better than ice cream to me. I am in heaven.

After I picked up my peaches, I headed over to choir practice. Lo and behold, they had a surprise baby shower for us tonight! There were two beautiful cakes -- one was edible, and one was made of diapers. Almost everyone there had brought a package or two of diapers, plus there were a few cute outfits and bibs thrown in for good measure. In all, we brought home somewhere around 1300 diapers -- all different brands, in sizes 1 and 2! And they somehow managed to pull this off without us finding out they were doing it. What a wonderful and completely unexpected surprise!

You know, "they" recommend picking up a package of diapers every week or so before the baby is born so you'll be prepared, and I was about to start doing just that, but at this point, I think I'll pick up a few packages of wipes and call it good.

Did I mention that these are the best peaches I've ever had? OMG, they're like candy. And they're almost gone now. But now I know they're out there (and they're RIPE!), and the guy at the farmer's market down the street said they should get them soon, so I'll have easy access to my fix. Woo-hoo!

No comments: